Director of Communications & Programs – Soham Dance Space
Join an arts start-up with an inspiring mission, and make an impact this year!
Soham Dance Space is seeking a part-time Director of Communications & Programs (with opportunity to grow into a full-time role). This position will provide communications, marketing, administration, and event planning support for all of our programs. This is a leadership role, requiring both relevant experience and a willingness to learn. We are currently looking for a bright, hard working person who appreciates the progressive vision of our organization and who will work directly with the Founder/Director of Soham Dance Space.
The ideal candidate will show great initiative and leadership, thrive in creative environments, wear many hats and juggle multiple projects at once, be articulate and effective in communication, and display a passionate drive required to work for an arts start-up.
- Marketing: strategy and execution of marketing plan; copy-writing and generating content for e-newsletters, social media, flyers, and press releases; designing and formatting of materials; website updates and community bulletin updates
- Administration: email and phone communication, student relations, registration and ticketing systems operations, class administration, and various paperwork
- Other: event planning, general business operations, studio rental coordination, proposal writing, research and networking, media organization and archiving, volunteer coordination
- Commitment to producing highest quality work always
- Superior writing skills
- Basic design sensibilities
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Great attention to detail while understanding the larger vision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe Photoshop or equivalent; familiarity with web-based software tools MailChimp, RegOnline, and WordPress
- Bachelor’s Degree; Masters not required but adds value
- Nice to have, but not required: Prior entrepreneurial experience, prior experience working with nonprofits, first-hand experience working in any artistic discipline
Some great reasons to apply:
- Opportunity to shape your role and grow into a full-time position
- Witness visible impact of your contributions to a pioneering nonprofit arts organization
- Great work environment in a beautiful storefront dance studio in the Ukrainian Village
- Chance to work closely with the studio’s Founder Anjal Chande
- Networking opportunities with the larger Chicago arts community
Commitment and compensation:
- Approximately 20 hours/week commitment required. Salary will be commensurate with experience.